The holidays have thrown me completely off track. You too? It seems it does that to the best of us. I think that is why so many of us try to “resolve” to enter the new year and get back to those good habits again. We’ve all eaten too much, slacked off just a little, and forgotten what a full work week was like.
As a writer I have a few things that I would like to resolve to do in the beginning of 2013. Each day I would like to do one or more of the following to refocus myself on writing new material and improving my craft:
- Read an instructional text on writing (at least a chapter)
- Sign up for a class to improve my writing skills
- Outline, write and edit the third book in The Soulstealer Trilogy, Fae Warrior
- Outline, write and edit another novella for The Soulstealer Trilogy, Mane Chance (working title)
- Brainstorm my next project after the trilogy is done
- Read at least one fiction book a month
There you have it. Short and simple. Although there is a lot of work there, no doubt about that. I hope all my readers have a great holiday with their family. Squeeze your loved ones and sleep in late. Beginning in 2013 there is a lot of work to be done.
What are you resolving to do in 2013?