I started the “hard edits” today. Not “hard” as in difficult, but “hard” as in I am actually moving words around instead of just making notes about them.
I am taking my notes and going scene by scene, adding in parts that were missing, inserting sensory and emotional details, trying to set the scene and take out some of my overused words. Wow. I thought I would get through at least a chapter today and I only got through the opening scene. Granted that scene is about 3,000 words, but still. Phew.
I took a nap before I started and I think I might need another one. But it feels good. I really think that in the end this second novel will be a satisfying follow-up to the first one.
I am also in the process of working with my cover artist to create covers for Fae Guardian and Mane Attraction. Hopefully I will be able to do some cover reveals before the end of September!
That’s the status for today. I didn’t get as much done this weekend as I would like, but I had an awesome time visiting with family over this holiday weekend. I’m going to try to revise a scene a day (at least). I need to get these edits done by the end of the month so I can then hand them over to my editor and beta reader.